Sunday, November 2, 2008

Underwater II (poem)


UNDERWATER II


I consume such a darkness.
I react with violence and vomit.

to live in the light void
of such horror and.
such dysphoria.
such keen dysfunction.

I open my mouth. like a black hole,
but there are no secret stars or hidden galaxies
here. my kind of gravity. merciless. ravenous.
leaves nothing to survive.

even I-- am lost.

flailing will do no good.
your caterwauling and meowing:
useless.

you're behind a thick
glass.
wall.

like the colossal
aquariums
displaying sharks and killer whales.
and the price of human curiosities.

your mouth is wide open.
silence and air bubbles
flooding out.

pound on that glass, (Medusa),
shake your head of snakes.

no one will hear you--
they just point. and gape. and.
smile

at all the wonder of the horror. that
they will never. choose to.

comprehend.

No comments: