Friday, March 6, 2009

THE STATS: $6715 DONATED by 91 PEOPLE as of 3/06/09 $2285 still NEEDED

I.

I will be updating the stats as we receive donations to let everyone know how many people have donated, how much money has been raised, and how much remains. I will also share of any events or cool stories that take place through the fund raising efforts.

II. The Funds Raised

As of March 6, 2009, $6715 has been so generously donated by a total of 91 people! This leaves $2285 left to raise.

Now, we only need 228.5 :) more people willing to donate $10 to meet the final goal of $9000!

Here's the breakdown:
  • 1st deadline: March 20th $3800
  • 2nd deadline: May 9th $4200
  • Final deadline: June 15th $1000
  • So, basically, we have raised enough to meet the first payment deadline of $3800.
  • But we need to raise $1285 to meet the $4200 May 9th deadline.
  • If we don't raise the $1285, we will lose the first $3800, because the $3800 is used to purchase the airline tickets (as we know, airline tickets to Korea are not exactly refundable).
  • And finally, the last payment deadline will be the $1000 by June 15th.

But I am confident that the money will come, and I'll boarding an airplane this coming June on my way to Korea to meet my birth parents face to face!


III. New News

Some folks who wish to remain anonymous recently donated 65 people's worth! Unbelievable! These very generous donations help us to take giant leaps forward. But it is also the $10, $15, $25, $40 donations that each add up exponentially to get us closer to meeting my birth parents face to face.

EVERY SINGLE donation makes a difference! It's just as the original concept of 10X900 began: with many a large task can magically become small! Find 900 people willing to donate $10, and voila--we'll be on our way to Korea! So thank you to each and every one of you who has given of your heart and resources to help my efforts to reunite with my birth parents.

The generosity and sacrifice coming from friends and family, and even strangers has been so incredibly inspiring and humbling...Please know that I feel a deep sense of gratitude and indebtedness to fulfill my part--my duty and responsibility to make sure that I honor these beautiful acts of kindness. I am indebted to each and every one of you!

IV. An Important Clarification

I also feel compelled to let people know that my husband and I are also putting money toward the trip. I have been feeling insecure that people might be thinking that we're just sitting on our laurels. But, please know that we're both working hard to raise money and are also setting aside as much as we can toward the reunion expenses. The amount raised so far includes a considerable amount that my husband and I have ourselves contributed.

IV. Other Cool Fund-Raising News

As I mentioned previously, a very cool event was scheduled to take place February 19th through the 22nd called, "The Art of Giving."

It began with one beautiful painting titled, Change of Seasons, donated by Marisa herself.

But before we knew it, the auction began to take on a life of its own...and soon enough, the auction items came to include 3 gorgeous pieces of original art work, an all-inclusive 3-day vacation to Negril, Jamaica, and a gourmet "Personal Chef" dining experience for 8 people!


Absolutely amazing!

In the end, the Facebook Auction conducted by my lovely friend and artist Marisa Marinetto Creekmore raised $2040! Woo-hoo!

V. Please Keep Talking

So please keep spreading the word.

Remember the concept is 10X900--with many, a large task can become magically small!

It began with the idea that if we could find 900 people willing to spare $10 each, then voila!--I'd be boarding a plane to meet my birth parents face to face!

Now, we only need 314 more people willing to donate $10!

So, please help make this lifelong dream come true--whether you continue to spread the word, throw out a prayer, or make a donation, every bit of support is making a difference!

VI. Thanks

I must continue to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of those kind and sacrificial souls who have donated to and supported my efforts to reunite with my birth parents! It is so inspiring and refreshing to encounter firsthand the incredible kindness and generosity of the human spirit. Even in such challenging times, it is so heart-warming to experience such loving altruism and selflessness! Thank you everyone for your love and support! I will never be able to thank you enough!

I also want to continue to express my deepest and most ebullient thanks to Marisa & Scott Creekmore, Donna Casaro Hughes, Timothy Michael & his wife Donna MacDonald, and Jeanine Tribley who donated their precious talents & resources to make "The Art of Giving" auction so successful.


And of course my equally happy and ardent thanks to the very generous bidders who participated! You know who you are! Enjoy your gorgeous art, your vacation in Jamaica and that gourmet Personal Chef experience for 8!

If you are interested in viewing art work by the artists who donated their lovely pieces, please visit the link below:

http://www.timothymichaelgallery.com/

VII.

I continue to be incredibly inspired, hopeful and grateful!

No comments: