Tuesday, September 8, 2009

a Sister Twist


Quick update here:

I got a phone call tonight at about 8:20 PM. It was the social worker at Eastern in Korea. She had just finished a phone conversation with my Omma (my Korean mother).

She wanted me to know something.

* * *

Looks like I'll be meeting my two biological half-sisters this trip.

How I wonder what in the world they are thinking and how they are feeling.

I hope they don't despise me.

I hope we get along.

* * *

I hope this twist doesn't end up sour.

I would of course prefer sugar and spice and everything nice.

But I suppose with enough exposure, one can acquire a taste for just about anything.

Let's hope my sisters are open and willing to "acquire."

[smile, wink...weep...]


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They can not help but love you! You are a warm and loving person. We fell in love with you the first time we met you!

Mei-Ling said...

Do you know if they speak any English?

I imagine your Korean skills aren't exactly too functional... ;P

Mila said...

What do you mean, Mei-Ling, that my Korean skills aren't exactly functional? Don't you know they're close to perfect.

Ha. Yeah, right. Of course, I'm kidding.

I don't think they speak any English. Nothing has been mentioned or indicated that they do.

Mei-ling said...

Are you still alive over there...

I hope you're okay - as "okay" as one can be in such a circumstance.

Third Mom said...

I've been far away from blogland, catching up, and realize you're in Korea right now. At least I think you are, and hope all is well.