Friday, September 24, 2010

"Fate and Orphanages" by adult adoptee, Amanda


An excerpt from an entry, "Fate and Orphanages," by adult adoptee blogger, Amanda:

"My parents adopting me out of foster care is not what I have a problem with when it comes to my adoption...What was unethical is the method by which I entered into adoption in the first place. My Original Mother never should have been denied resources. She deserved to know the laws, receive unbiased counseling, and to have been treated humanely. Likewise, children in orphanages may not even need to be there to begin with if their families were properly supported."

For the entire blog post, go to Fate and Orphanages at The Declassified Adoptee.

1 comment:

The Richerts said...

Totally agree!!! That's why every one of us should be supporting organizations that have child sponsorship programs and give support to families in crisis all over the world like World Vision, Africa Renewal Ministries, and Children's Hunger Fund.
Unfortunately, there are many countries where social stigma, crime, and governmental policies still make it close to impossible for mother's to follow their hearts.
Barbara