Monday, March 8, 2010

My Keunappa: Chosun Harley Man USA Tour

If you click on the title of this post it will take you to a slideshow of photos that my Keunappa (my Korean Uncle) posted to YouTube from his road trip across the U.S. on his Harley Davidson motorcycle. My Keunappa is my Appa's (my Korean father's) older brother.

He was on the road for over a month. I met my Keunappa last October for the first time when he passed through town as he was wrapping up the final stages of his road trip. And then this January, my husband and I visited him and his two sons.

The only thing the slideshow is missing is matching music. As cliche as it might be, I imagine the song, "Born to be Wild," playing as the slideshow of photos unfolds...

[For an additional video of my Keunappa riding his Harley in traditional male Korean attire, click here.]

3 comments:

Mia_h_n said...

I loved it :)

Some trip, cross country all on his own?

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Melissa: So good to meet you on Saturday. I sorta felt like I was meeting a celebrity. I have to tell you that I admire your wisdom and your ability to articulate your feelings (I myself have, I am sure, some sort of left temporal lobe disorder which prohibits me from remembering words or sounding like someone who has had any form of eduction) and you are just gorgeous. I will keep you in my prayers. Your husband is a keeper, although you know that already. God bless you both!

Mila said...

Mia--Yep. He made the trip by himself. The man is a true adventurer. [It must run in the blood...I've made two cross country trips by myself, once when I was 19 and again when I was 21. I've also been skydiving, rock climbing...I like adrenaline. Haha. But I've calmed down since getting married.] ;)

Ellen (and Kevin), it was my pleasure to be able to chat with you all. I only wish I could have spent a little more time getting to know each one of you (& your stories) individually. I was very impressed and refreshed by the overall awareness and humility that you all seemed to have. Thank you so much for taking the time to be there Saturday, and thank you for being willing to listen to me drone on...;) Keep in touch and never hesitate to contact me! (konoyoomo@gmail.com)