Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beyond Culture Camp

“In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep, to know our heritage, to know who we are, and where we have come from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning, no matter what our attainments in life, there is the most disquieting loneliness.” (Alex Haley, Roots, 1976)


I lifted the above quote from the recent study released by the Donaldson Adoption Institute, Beyond Culture Camp: Promoting Healthy Identity Formation in Adoption.

Click on the title of this post to go to the study itself. I've only read the first 20 pages of the study, but so far, it's a worthy read. I plan to read all 113 pages of the study eventually, amidst all the other books I'm also reading ...

1 comment:

Jeff and Madeline said...

It is on my to-do list as well.